Here are some tips on how to be in control of asthma:
- Understand your asthma: Get understanding about your asthma and what triggers your asthma attack so that you can avoid your triggers as much as possible.
- Be very clear on what to do to prevent an attack and what to do if an attack occurs.
- Don’t assume: Don’t wait until you get an attack before you are clear on what to do. When in doubt of what to do, please ask your doctor or trusted healthcare professional as soon as possible.
- Follow your doctor’s advice: This is very important. If you have concerns about the advice given to you by your doctor, please express the concerns to him or her and be very clear. If you can’t reach him or her, please discuss with your pharmacist or other trusted healthcare professional.
- Make sure you understand your inhaler device, how to use it, and when to use it.
- Ensure you always have your reliever inhaler with you. Reliever inhalers vary. Please consult your doctor, pharmacist, or other trusted healthcare professional for clarity on which of your medications is a reliever inhaler.
- Use your preventer inhaler as prescribed by your doctor. Don’t stop using it unless your doctor says so. If there is scarcity of your inhaler device, talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other trusted healthcare professional. If you feel very well, don’t stop without discussing with your doctor.
- Try to have a personal asthma care plan, which should be done in consultation with your doctor. Carry your family members along and teach them what to do for you in case you have an attack that is troublesome.
- Ask! ask! ask! if not sure. Ask before you get to crossroads. Ask if you find yourself at crossroads.
- Quit smoking if you smoke, and avoid secondhand smoking.
You can find products that can help with asthmatic conditions here:https://victorydrugs.com.ng/page/1/?s=nebulizer&post_type=product
Lastly, drop a comment, share your experience and let us know what you think!
Contact our pharmacist via phone or WhatsApp with the following numbers:
Or chat with us by touching the red circular icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Victory drugs cares!
Disclaimer: Kindly remember that as much as we ensure we provide sound information or advice, the information or advice given here is not intended to replace your doctor’s advice and Victory Drugs is not liable for any decision you make based on the information or advice provided here.