The prostate, a small gland located just below the bladder, plays a crucial role in the male reproductive system. Its primary function is to produce seminal fluid, which nourishes and transports sperm. However, prostate health is often overlooked. As men age, the prostate may undergo changes that can lead to potential health issues. Prostate cancer, in particular, is a leading cause of death among men worldwide. However, by being aware of common prostate problems, and taking proactive measures to promote prostate health, men can reduce the risk of complications and improve their overall well-being.
So, let’s dive into some tips that can help you keep your prostate healthy:
- Regular Exercise: Exercising regularly improves your overall health, helps you maintain your weight, and improves your mood. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise 3-4 times a week. Ensure you take up to 10,000 steps a day. You can use a step-counter to help ensure you are taking all the steps you need to. If you are new to exercise, you can start slow and work your way up to more exercise each day.
- Healthy diet: A healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables contains many vitamins and nutrients that can contribute and play a significant role in maintaining your prostate health. Have questions about nutrition or developing a meal plan? Our dietician can help you develop a meal plan and a lot more. Call or chat 0812 125 8456, 0705 664 7819 to book an appointment today.
- Healthy lifestyle: Limiting your alcohol consumption, staying hydrated, and avoiding excessive caffeine intake can help keep your urinary system functioning optimally hence contributing to a healthier prostate. To stay adequately hydrated, ensure you drink up to 8 cups of water a day.
- Watching out for symptoms: It is good to know the symptoms associated with prostate problems. Some of them include frequent urination, weak urine flow, difficulty starting or stopping urination, blood in urine or semen, and pain or discomfort in the pelvic area. If you notice any of these symptoms, don’t keep it to yourself; speak with your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
- Regular check-ups and screenings: Regular check-ups and screenings are essential for early detection of prostate issues. It is recommended, especially for men above 40, to have a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test victorydrugs.com.ngservices, a blood test, and a digital rectal exam (DRE) every year. If you have a family history of prostate problems or you are at a higher risk, you should start screening earlier. You can also have open communication with your healthcare provider for early detection and appropriate treatment where necessary. You get an affordable prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test done at Victory Drugs Pharmacy.
- Natural supplements: Some natural supplements such as saw-palmetto and Beta-sitosterol are beneficial for prostate health. It is good that you consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new supplements to ensure that they are safe and effective for you. Some other supplements that help improve prostate health are wellman-prostate, prostate-defence, Prostate-defence-satchets, prostagel and prostacare.
Now that you have some information about prostate health, it’s time to spread the word.
Encourage your friends, family, and loved ones to prioritize their prostate health too. Together, we can raise awareness and ensure that more men take proactive steps towards improving prostate health.
Let us know what you think – Feel free to comment, like, and share.
Got questions? Call or chat us up:
0701 741 2207
0907 932 1484
0809 428 9945
Or chat with us by touching the red circular icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Disclaimer: Kindly remember that as much as we ensure we provide sound information or advice, the information or advice given here is not intended to replace your doctor’s advice.